8/12/2006

This is Aiwaran aka "I." She arrived after a long journey
from Bangkok to Japan, Japan to Seattle and Seattle to Anchorage.
She arrived with 6 other foreign exchange students from South America,
Europe and who knows where else. I will act as a liaison for "I" and her
host family, making sure that the lines of communication remain open
and everyone adjusts well. She's very eager to have alot of adventures.
She stayed with me one night before her orientation and had dinner and
breakfast with me. She has never felt air as cold as 56 degrees F, but
is bright and adaptable and I'm sure she's going to have a wonderful year.
I'm so fortunate to have these bright international kids in my life!
And what would any of us do without friends?
This is June and Linda who fearlessly went hiking and berry picking with me this afternoon (August 12th) up in the mountains that were completely socked in. We yacked our fool heads off while picking blueberries, crowberries and low bush cranberries. We got wet and chilly, but it was glorious. We saw a big moose, a bunch of friendly dogs and apparently were almost charged by a moose and her calf, but they veered off at the last minute, some other hikers reported.
Here's we're showing off our bags of berries.
It's just the beginning of the berry season, so I look forward to going back for riper patches in the next couple weeks. Posted by Picasa

No comments: